Friday, May 31, 2013
I was asked earlier this evening if I did beadwork on leather, yes I do... this is one of my earlier strike-a-light bags.
11/0 beads on brain tan, this was my first attempt and the flap is too small but stubborn is as stubborn does and while I could unstitch the bag and add a larger flap/back I've refused to do so thus far... but did learn my lesson for future bags!
Now with a beaded edge that needs some attention, mostly the upper right hand corner.
I'll work on the corner a bit tomorrow to "square" it up, add a few filler beads here and there, and then the center panel is finished.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
In the vertical position, as it would be seen once it's finally installed inside of the niche.
The finished corner, now it's time to bead the edge and then finish the niche.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Monday, May 27, 2013
A little bit more of the right side has been beaded, I'm thinking the body should be done by Friday, and then to decide on finishing the border.
In other news... the splint is off, sorta. I had it off for most of the day but then had to put it back on again. It's amazing how one little itty bitty artery is position in such a place so as to see all sorts of activity during the course of the day.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
I worked a bit more on the crows feet last night and started this side of the branch it is perched upon.
Today it's all about finishing the app, which is taking longer than I anticipated simply because as I go through my old natural dye nots I find myself adding more plants and more categories about the colors, fastness, etc. Phew... that was a long sentence!
It's starting to look like a bird!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Crow body almost completed.
My crow had a red spot, so I decided to preserve this bit with some rose to reddish coloured beads.
Detail showing the contrast between the black matte beads, black beads, and irridescent beads.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
The neighbor's daughter brought me a huge bouquet of these lilacs, he's 94 and they came by to do some yard work for him. The heady smell of lilac now wafts throughout the house. Not much in the way of studio work today, it's the rush to get the gardens planted before the rain falls. Check out my other blog Survival Kitchen, linky in the right column, to see what we've planted.
Friday, May 17, 2013
finishing the crows tail and now working on it's underbelly...
One view of the tail feathers in matte, iridescent, and shiney black pony beads.
Another view of the tail.
And... then I realized I forgot to finish the wing! Other than this minor mishap it's coming along and beautifully.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Was starting to make mistakes so decided to take the rest of the day off from writing and started beading instead. Am working on the branch portion now, trying to integrate it as part of the whole piece.
More bead soups, this time greens, browns, and brownish purples so as to look like an actual branch in my crabapple tree.
Ok I know I've shown this last one before, multiple times actually, but I sooooooo love this color combination! The only colors that make me even more happy are sage greens, purple sages, and golden greens. It's hard to explain... except to tell you to go hang out on the open prairie in the fall.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
The new natural dye app is taking way longer than I had anticipated, I thought I would be done with it this afternoon but that isn't happening. The good news is I discovered, thanks to my best friend Brenda, a much better way to present the app that will make it compeletely searchable, so the experience for the end usuer will be enjoyable, instead of a headache!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Just ELEVEN hours left in this Sale!!!
Own all four books today for one low price of $24.95!!!
Mark Making with Nature
eBook Package Sale!!!
eBook Package Sale!!!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
I have a few more to make but had to stop for the day, I printed more fabric (birds) and it won't be ready to use until tomorrow afternoon sometime; I'm working on my new Natural Dyeing App while I wait on the fabric.
Friday, May 10, 2013
Now in the auditioning stage. Digitally printed silk organza fabric layered on top of painted timtex.
The digital print laying on top of some rosin paper, that I have covering my sewing table.
Digital silk print layered on top of a cotton digital print. I'm experimenting with the ethereal values of the prints at this point to see which direction I want this piece to go.
Thursday, May 09, 2013
Still beading away, I've finished a little less than a quarter of the background area.
There are some black irridescent beads on the crows wing but it's hard to capture this quality.
Another view of the irridescent black beads.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Temporary bead storage, an old pickle jar lid.
On my sewing table.
I've come to an impass in my studio where I either need to finish up some WIP's, pitch them, or pack them away for long term storage. I'm starting with this crow piece that has been haunting me and for some time now, I started by additing more green and pink tsukineko inks to the background/timtex.
The before image; now to finish the beading.
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Pink Crow - Coming soon... it's been a steep learning curve, coming this far with digital technology, but it's been worth every hair I've pulled out along the way!!!
Journal page from 2010
Journal and fabric page form 2010