I started these several years ago, finally stitched them up tonight.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
In reality I don't have much in the way of commercial fabrics anymore, since I took up dyeing my own with natural dyes, rust, and compost. But it would be nice to be able to see, and access maybe, what I do have somewhere in this mess I have the fabric for a quilt for our bed.
John helping me to set this up today was the best Valentine's gift ever ;-)
Friday, February 12, 2010
Fisher Art Center, Marshalltown, IA
September 1st - September 30th.
Explore Class and Social Status in Fly Over Country with artist Kimberly Baxter Packwood.
Kimberly's latest body of work encompasses the topic of social strata in rural America using the medium of Encaustic and 3D Mixed Media.
Monday, February 08, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
I've reduced the price of my Mark Making with Nature DVD through the 15th!
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Mark Making with Nature DVD - Now back in Stock!http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39881799
By Surface Designer Kimberly Baxter Packwood
Over 2 hours of Video Instruction (5 Discs) & 53 Pages of Supplemental Instruction Included(PDF)
Everything you ever wanted to know to create unique cloth using natural dyes is covered in thisDVD Set, an excellent companion to the Compost Dyeing and Other Fermentation Technqiues Book.
Topics Covered Include:
- Compost Dyeing: Several methods of compost dyeing are demonstrated.
- Screen Printing with natural dyes, using thickeners and more.
- Bound Resists with natural dyes how to obtain rich layers of color on fabric. Monoprinting & Stamping with natural dyes.
- Create additional depth and design to your fabrics by stamping and printing them using natural dyes and pigments.
- Dye Painting with natural dyes using thickeners, gutta resists, and much much more. Pigments: using pigments with natural dyes to create additional character to your art cloth.