Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Journals, Books, Web Cams and More

I picked up a couple of interesting books, recenlty, to help me along my new path in my studio life. Mainly they are about drawing and journaling, which seems to have fallen to the wayside the past few years. I need to get back there, it seems that a lot of good things in my life have fallen to the wayside, the results are not so good.

The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to be the Arist You Truly Are by Danny Gregory

Keeping a Nature Journal: Discover a Whole New Way of Seeing the World Around you by Clare Walker Leslie and Charles E. Roth

I also picked up a new blank journal. I have leather scraps that I bought eons ago to make a leather journal cover. It'll be fun to have something that personalized. The books have been helpful, somehow I, as an artist, got off the path that God set forth before me, I think it was the smell of money, or the potential for it, that did this. As a result everything started falling apart, my health, the business, you name it. Good thing my husband has a strong sense of stick to it ness!

Anyway... I'm back, I told John I feel like Stella in the movie Stella got her groove back! Only I got my artistic wings back instead! I think the whole venue of online classes has really opened my eyes to what I've always wanted to do.

I bought a web cam tonight, it's way cool. Tomorrow Brenda and I are going to go get one for her computer. It took me about two hours to figure out how to get the audio going on my computer, but I'm living testimony that if you pull on enough cords long enough you'll find the weak link in the system, or get electrocuted trying anyway!

No comments: