Monday, July 10, 2006

Mark Making with Nature


I'm teaching Mark Making with Nature: Surface Design with Natural Dyes at Peters Valley the end of this month, July 28th to August 1st, 2006. Peters Valley is in New Jersey and from what I hear the area is just incredibly gorgeous! I'm hoping to get a few hours of R&R to take some pics of the wooded area, new tree bark and lichens, just give me 15 minutes I tell you and I'll be a very happy camper.

Part of this classes emphasis is Compost Dyeing and Screen Printing with Natural Dyes. We will do immersion dyeing as an aside while we wait on things to compost, cure and/or dry. I am anticipating a bit of fabric painting with natural dyes as well.

I teach this class online so if you really want to take the class but can't come to New Jersey then purchase it at Prairie Fibers I will be teaching the class again beginning mid August.

No comments: