Monday, June 17, 2013

WIP - Sunshine and Roses 061713


It should be finished tomorrow sometime, this piece has been a break through piece for me.  Break through in that while beading and stitching I resolved some issues I had with another piece I constructed way back around 2001, Big Blue Stem.


Big Blue Stem - Earth Pigments, Natural Dyes, Cotton, Cheesecloth, Stitch. 

This piece has been languishing in my studio for about twelve years.  From time to time I trot it out, hang it on my wall and alas nothing, nada, zilch, zip!  And then late Saturday night, whilest I was stitching on Sunshine and Roses it occurred to me to experiment with overlaying digitally printed silk organza fabrics onto the right hand panel.  More coming soon...


1 comment:

SarahE said...

Impressive, and hope-inspiring...I feel better about a couple of my own languishers! Thanks so much for sharing your trials, too. And I'm loving Sunshine and Roses! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Warmest regards!