Monday, August 04, 2014

More Crow Panels in Progress


If I counted correctly there will be a total of 26 panels in this new series, and once these are done I'm off to rework some encaustic pieces from a few years ago to include my crows, Queen Anne's Lace, and the marks I've been putting in these pieces.


I wasn't sure how these pieces were going to come out, while they have similar colors they are not exactly the same... but where's the fun in everything being the same, right!


I've allowed the distractions of the past few weeks beat my confidence levels down, it doesn't help that I've had a nasty head cold, or that my dad has had ongoing health problems.


I did get to see my brother last Monday, the first time since my mom died in 2005, they visited for a whole hour and forty five minutes before they had to leave again. 


So tomorrow it's back to drawing and painting crows, ravens, and blackbirds and if they are horrible then they are horrible.


But, the secret to mastering anything is to keep at it until... until well you've mastered it!


With that said I've decided to seriously edit the information I've compiled for my Natural Dye App, and just create the app!  A simple app that is accurate and usable is much more enjoyable than one that doesn't exist!!!  Feet of clay, I think that's the name for this syndrome, the whole "what if they hate it???"


There will always be haters, and they are not my audience anyway... so onward I will push this week!

2 comments:

mzjohansen said...

You have been printing like a demon Ms. Kimberley! Love what you are doing!

k baxter packwood said...

thank you Marie!