Thursday, April 14, 2005

Flutes and such

Now that hubby is almost done with the wood studio for the evening I think I'll go out and select my wood for my flute. Instead of cedar I'm thinking of using the maple that is out there, since my hackberry was used as fire wood. Ever since I discovered that my cedar split to eternity and back I've been a bit lost. (It got left in hubbies truck for a week while we were out of state for my mothers funeral, it was way too hot in the truck). It's too bad because it's a gorgeous piece of cedar.

And I'm not sure why I have such a strong bent to make one or even play one, but it's an urge that will NOT go away, no matter how hard I try to ignore it. And I'm sure I'll have a dickens of a time getting hubby to do what I want, you try to take over a guys wood studio and see what happens. But then I won't let him anywhere near my sewing machines.

No comments: