Wednesday, April 20, 2005

One of those days

Today was one of those days, allergies and a migrane just don't mix.

Tonight I decided to play with some materials, mainly using some techniques from Raising the Suface by Maggie Grey (http://www.prairiefibers.com if you want to buy a copy). I finally found a shop in town that sells second hand nylon scarves. Temperature is critical when ironing them otherwise they just disappear.

Right now everything is drying, I will paint, and dye, more fabrics, fibers, and tyvek tomorrow. Tonight I painted some Wonder Under, a chiffon scarf, a piece of cotton fabric and I applied Tsukineko inks to some lace. I also melted some Angelina fibers, between two sheets of parchment. I applied some shiva paintstiks (available on my webstore) to the Wonder Under, it is very interesting to say the least.

Over all I think I need to dye, paint, and ink up more colors so I will have a larger selection of pieces to select for stitching.

No comments: