Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WHole Cloth QUilt or Not to Whole Cloth QUilt

When do you know? I have loads of fabric I can't bring myself to cut up, yet there is something "lacking" about these pieces that I have doubts if stitching alone will bring out any extra qualities (clear as mud?) Normally I know, and I've had these fabrics for a couple of years now and really want to do something with them, but what do I do? Cutting them up just doesn't seem to be the anwser so then what???

They are not entirely precious, though most I'd never be able to recreate so what's the hang up you might ask? I don't know! Are they NOT good enough on their own, and if so why not? And if NOT then what would make them better? Simple seems to be the anwser here - and simple can be quite hard!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered trading pieces with another artist?? (One man's trash, etc....) I think we all have hand dyed pieces that don't exactly "speak" to us!!!

k baxter packwood said...

Oh it speaks I'm just not sure which language it's speaking yet! Good idea though.