Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Studio Time

My husband John, that would be the faithful assistant pictured below, says that the reason I've taken on painting our bedroom is because I really want to be in my studio creating cloth. He's right. I finally managed to clean off my work table, so after I get all of my orders filled and out the door it's party time!

First up is a solar coreopsis dye bath. Second up is some art cloth for an article that is due very soon. Third up is some fabric surfaced with various dry and oil pastels. The oil pastes are a combination of Shiva Paintstiks and Cray Pas and Rembrants. The soft pastels are Unisons and various eart pigments I have up in my studio.

I'm going to try porky quills with part of the coreopsis dye bath, hopefully they will take the dye color.

--Pictures will be coming soon.

1 comment:

jenclair said...

The value of a faithful assistant can never be underestimated. Treat him well!

I love the colors for your room; can't wait to see the finished product.