Monday, June 20, 2005

Wet Studios

Well it's not wet, or at least it'd better not be anyway! I'm really referring to my surface design studio, I've been cleaning and organizing, you can actually walk through it now w/o getting caught on something. I'll take pics tomorrow, I'll really try. It's great to have a table to work on again.

Tonight, while waiting for the severe thunderstorm to pass, I worked on a piece of fabric that I had stamped about a month ago - my wet studio is in the basement. I applied Shiva Paintstiks in Meadow Green onto the stamped fabric. The stamp color, called Bamboo, is the same olive color green as the paintstik, I'm going for a tone on tone look. Once I heat set the fabric I will wash it and then apply some more inks and dyes to the surface, it needs to be richer.

No comments: